I'm a Chinese girl.I graduated from college on June, 2010.Now I'm an English teacher in China.I love music and TV shows.I like making stuff in my spare time,including pictures and videos.I'll also share my thoughts,stories,favorite music and quotes here.Enjoy!

Sunday, August 8, 2010

I'll Find My Way

Bookmark and Share
Photobucket

In this August,when the new term begins,I'll officially begin my teaching career.Just like what I said,it's definitely not my dream career,not even close.

My biggest problem is that I don't agree with Chinese education system at all. Most parents here have the same dream:Try their best to make sure kids can go to the best primary school, the best high school,then a good university,and finally find a "decent"job like teachers, doctors, lawyers etc.So schools,parents,teachers keep pushing and the students have experienced a high lever of strss since they are little.

In my whole student life,I've always been a perfect student every teacher and parent here ever wished for. But in the end I realized that I didn't even learn anything I was really interested in. All of my time were occupied with busy school study and heavy homework.I don't want my students have the same regret in the future.I don't want them miss anything beautiful in their lives.I think I will encourage them to chase their own dreams.So I guess I won't be an ideal teacher in China. It's not I don't love my country,but I really appreciate how people respect diversity in many other countries.

Not long ago,I made a video for Jill and Nikki.Jill told me that I'm a very talented editor and that's a path I should consider pursuing.I never thought that way and didn't know I can take that as a career.I mean I never learned anything about editing in school or college.But I'm just interested in it and kinda good at it for no reason.I didn't notice how good I am until she told me.She inspired me a lot.Now I do realize that I have talents in many aspects.Thanks Jill.

I don't know where my future is heading,but I'll keep going,find my way and figure out what's best for me.Two things for sure,I won't be a teacher for my whole life and I won't stop chasing my dreams.

4 Comments:

Anonymous said... Reply to this comment

I'm sure you'll be a great teacher!

Following from the Sunday Summer Social.

Dawn @ Two-Handed Mommy said... Reply to this comment

Love your perspective on education - I was always the 'perfect' student too, and realize now that I never actually learned anything...just memorized it long enough to spit it out on the test. I think you'll do a great job and in the future some of your students may look back and say that you were the teacher that changed their life!

I'm a new follower from Fun Follow Friday!

My blog is: http://twohandedmommy.com

Angie Chu said... Reply to this comment

@Dawn @ Two-Handed Mommy

Thank you soooo much.That's exactly what I'm talking about.I wish I could be that kind of teacher just like what you said~

Peggy said... Reply to this comment

Stopping in from Mailbox Monday! I am now following and a email subscriber!
matternu@gmail.com

Post a Comment